Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today

Sadness hits our family today. A brother. A sister-in-law. Two nieces. Grandparents.
I wont be present to hug, hold or help carry the load of grief. Instead, I will hold them in my heart and pray for each of them.



Here were my thoughts last year on remembering my niece, Desi, who left us 3 years ago: Remembering Desi


I find myself thinking about how great some hurts in life are. You feel as if your heart is ripped out. The pain stops you and brings you to your knees and you want nothing more but for the pain to subside. Over time, sometimes reluctantly, the pain turns into wisdom and you find yourself in a position to care for someone else who is experiencing something similar. My brother and sister-in-law lost their daughter and when we question "Why?" and we face the pain, sometimes the only thing that we can find is a speck of consolation that we can now relate to others and help them along their path because we know what they are going through. I haven't lost one of my children the way they have. But they know of deep pain that seared my own soul. Now we are connected as we continue on. It's not what any of us would choose. It's just what was on our life path.


Please pray with us for wisdom, peace, comfort and love from our Heavenly Father.

No comments: