Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Wedding Rug

Several years ago I had all wood floors and when remembering my Grandmother's woven rag rug, I decided to learn to make my own. They are such fun to make... learning patterns and color schemes, etc. I've made many of them over the years and most of them have been for wedding gifts. It's a blessing to me to know a bride's color scheme and to spend time praying as I made the rug. I pray for each person that steps onto the rug, the future husband and wife and their home life.

This year my oldest girl got married and that moment came and went so quickly that I didn't have the time to make her wedding rug. A few weeks ago she asked me about making one for herself and we picked out colors and I got her started. She just didn't get the knack of it, so this past week I took it back and started over with it. I am so glad that I did because it provided to opportunity in a couple days of my busy week to weave and sew and pray for her... as she continues this path of being a wife... learns and grows with her new husband... parents a little joy in my life named Jayden.

Here are the photos of the rug:




Next up... making matching curtains for her kitchen...

Hope you are all enjoying your week.

No comments: