Tuesday, October 11, 2011

By the way...

Warning: This is a post of random thoughts and quotes. Not all of them go together. Some of them have deep meaning. Others are just random. I cannot write right now, so this is it...

Robert Louis Stevenson: "There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy."

Sometimes happiness means taking a break. Sometimes we are not happy. Sometimes to get back to happy we have to spend some time having moments of nothingness...

Benjamin Franklin came up with 13 virtues: Temperance, Silence, Order, Resolution, Frugality, Industry, Sincerity, Justice, Moderation, Cleanliness, Tranquility, Chastity and Humility.

I am not interested in rating myself by Benjamin Franklin's 13 virtues.

Oh, I also think some of his virtues are repetitious, or can be grouped together under a different title and he could end up with fewer than 13 virtues.

Romanian chocolate is quite creamy.

A very comfortable bed is a great investment.

Sometimes we look at our past to put together a bigger picture of our life and our testimony.

Sometimes we have to forget what lies behind and press forward.

Judgement is God's job.

Forgiveness is knowing God is fair and will do what is right.

God's ways are not man's ways. God's timing is so not my timing....

My sixth child, a son, was named after Joseph of Genesis. When he was about 6 he was sitting and watching a tennis match and a young adult sat next to him and asked him his name. He looked up, grinning his famous Joseph grin (dimpled and way too cute for words) and said, "I'm Joseph.... You know... Joseph from the Bible."

I love my kids.

I cherish every precious memory. No matter what.

Precious memories cannot be taken away from me by others.

I recently posted this status on facebook:

Reputation: What people think you are.
Character: What you know you are. When no one knows.
No matter what you are told about me, I know who I am. My character can only be assaulted by me.

I like ice cold beer on a hot day.

And I like red.

Red is beautiful.

I like the word incontrovertible.

I also like bokeh. Bokeh is nice.

Bullies suck.

I sometimes use the word suck.

Sometimes parents are bullies. (Not mine!) (Really, not my parents!)

Sometimes kids are bullied and intimidated.

I never realized how similar Joseph's life was to the life of Jesus!! It's really quite an intriguing topic!

God was with Joseph.

God is with me.

I really enjoyed studying geometry, too, by the way...

No comments: