Saturday, October 29, 2011

It Means A Lot

Sometimes you have to hold on to what means the most...



to what you have...



in the moment.

You appreciate an expression...



a gesture...



some simple beauty...



Other times you hold on to words. Your heart fills and overflows when an adult child says, "You are the most wonderful mom." And you are told how much you mean to someone. It's not that you are so proud of yourself, because you know you made plenty of mistakes along the way. But, you know you got some things right. Before you stands someone thanking you. In that moment, not overreacting over a big issue paid off.


I know that there is a lifetime of learning ahead for all of my children. Some of them have no idea who I am right now. But, I am their mom for life. I'm not going to sweat it. I can wait it out. There were most certainly times when my oldest girl tried me to no end!

And I'll keep on holding on to what means the most. I'll cherish every memory... and make some new ones.



I'm going to live life fully. I choose to embrace hope and love.



And words from an old church hymn come to mind: "I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day".

God is good. Always. A life lesson I've struggled with, but am learning to accept.

Blessings!

No comments: