Friday, June 17, 2011

Houston... We have a Red Princess!!!





Now, you're probably thinking that I really like the color red... and I do... but, really, this is about the miracle of life! I look closely at the photos and remember walking into the NICU and seeing this tiny 1 lb. 14 oz. baby. I remember my heart lurching... tears came instantly to my eyes. She was so, so tiny. Her arms and legs looked like thin pretzels. I was overcome with intense feelings that words can barely begin to express. I wanted to personally fill Chris and Sonia up with peace and tell them, "It's all going to be okay... it's all just fine... it's gonna be okay..." I am ever so thankful that Chris and Sonia let me share in those early moments. I remember her being close to 4 lbs and spending time holding her on Thanksgiving night... still at the NICU, amazed that this wee little girl had no health complications... praising God for the blessing of her wholeness even though she was so frail. I am honored to watch her for Chris and Sonia. It is more than a joy... never a job... I cannot express how thankful I am to be part of her family.

And I was so excited when Sonia brought her over the other day dressed in red.

No comments: