Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On the first day of summer...

... temps were triple digits! We had a very cold-ish spring and bam! Summer heat is on. I didn't really mind one bit.

The best parts of the day? First fruits from the garden...


Zucchini has begun. Time to find people to give zucchini to, because I never use it up and it goes crazy here in the back yard. Really, it keeps producing and producing week after week until we are sure we never want to see another zucchini again. Then we plant it in the spring once more...

We also have several tomato plants coming along and a few pepper plants and a couple different squashes... if they get going...



The weeds haven't been doing too bad, either!

After the heat, we enjoyed a treat!


Whoopsie! Can't forget the whip cream!


To top it off, I picked up my college girl and she and I are going to have us a couple of nice days together! My love meter is high, oh, yes it is...

Blessings to you and your summer!

No comments: