Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Whatcha been up to?

Some days it seems like "What haven't I been up to?"

I've been crocheting here and there and the other day Jayden came for a visit and his mommy doesn't know, but when she was busy, I had me some photo fun with baby boy! Here he is in an outfit which kind of matches the blanket I've been working on for a couple of months:





He'll be six months old soon!!

And I slip into another room to peek at little Christopher, napping. We had the best time with him the other night. He says the funniest things.


And in and around every little bit of time for this or for that... I am working on the interior of our home. This:


Became:


(Yes, while repainting the kitchen, I made zucchini bread.)


I've been testing colors for weeks. I didn't want to paint any walls of the house white... or off white. But, Scott shot down darker colors that I picked out, which is probably fine because I truly need a bright home. I really detest my windows being covered. If there are blinds installed, I simply pull that handy cord until they are drawn up to the top and smile victoriously. I don't mind a valance, but no heavy curtains, thank you! Here is a bit of my progress... and, for the record, I am not painting the walls "white", I am painting them "polished pearl". (I did win with my color selection for the entry, living room and hallway colors, though... but, that will be next week or so...)


Oh, the window sills are not going to be white... nice color, huh?

Getting started on this has given me yet another confirmation that I am not as young as I used to be... my back just aches after working on this. But, sights like this motivate me to coninue on. Really, the kitchen never beckons to me to begin with... but, now, it's less and less inviting!!



Well, all that means is the music needs to be turned up and playlists must be enjoyed, because this is going to be a long process....

And that, my friends, is what I've been up to...

No comments: