Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's not Tuesday, but this is sure Tasty!!!

Just about any time Scott turns to me and asks, "Where would you like to eat?" I answer once again, "El Taco Factory!"  It's my favorite place to get a quick bite.  While it's not restaurant dining, it is simply delicious and the people there are so friendly.

Scott ate here on the day it opened, met Nacho and has been friends since.  (That was about 5 years ago, I believe... not exactly sure, though.)   Nacho runs a very clean place with fresh foods.  His staff is professional, very friendly and they really know how to cook authentic Mexican food.  When Nacho is here, he often pulls up and chair, sits right down and talks with you.  He learns about your family, remembers later and asks about them.  When I go in, his face lights up and he calls out, "Hey!  Miss Scottie!" 




As mentioned, the food is always so fresh.  The guacamole is superb.  Our favorite entree to order is taco de lengua (with soft corn tortilla).  Yummmm.  Their lengua tastes like the most moist, flavorful roast you've ever, ever had.  It's topped with fresh cilantro and chopped onion.  A few of the children don't eat lengua (well, they USED to, until they were told what it is), and they really enjoy the carne asada.




 Oh, and their "signature" sauce is homemade.  The green is spicier.  I always take the green.  It's just too good!!  I think I will buy a bottle of it to keep in my fridge. 

This is Victor's last year attending the elementary school.  Each Wednesday they get out early and there have been many times I've picked him up and we've headed over here to get a bite to eat.  It's great to have time just alone with him.  I will definitely miss this when he finishes out the school year.  Wednesday wont ever be the same after that...


A week ago his glasses fell off at school and were stepped on.  They were irreparable.  He looks so different without his glasses on!  I miss his big-eyed glasses look... We should be getting a call to pick up the new ones any day.

Well, that's about it.  Other than watching Shasta nest and prepare for childbirth... I'll post some nesting pictures tomorrow.  She's had a few "pains" this afternoon!!  Maybe the spicy food will set something in motion!  Maybe I should give her fresh raspberries tonight...

Blessings to you, my friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i go wiff you there moma?

Betty Marie said...

Yes, my dear Anonymous Girl. And we'll take fun pictures! Cheers!