Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 2 Fitness

Week 2 Fitness:

Half way through this week, I added hand weights to the work out. I thought it improved my balance, actually. I enjoyed the difference, but it wasn't really “harder”, so I am thinking of moving up from 2 pound hand weights to 4 pounders. I did have some slight soreness in my shoulders and chest, so it must have done something.

It was VERY difficult to exercise a couple of mornings this week. I did NOT want to. I made myself anyway... probably because I am writing about it and I don't want to write that I quit or didn't do it. So, I pressed on.

At the end of week two, I did 8 push ups!!! This was no small feat! Really, because you don't just down-up-down-up on this video. You HOLD push up position, go down a few inches and HOLD and come up and then hold and OUCH! My tummy hurts every time. I only did 8 of them on the last day. I did 6 of them the day before that and 4 the day prior to that... so... progress... and stickability! But, like I said, I didn't really want to do any of this. Sitting around reading or relaxing would have been much more enjoyable.

THEN, guess what?? I picked up the measuring tape! When I began a couple of weeks ago, I measured my upper arms, thighs, chest, hips and waist.

I will post before and after measurements at the end... but for now I will say that I lost two inches off of one thigh and 2-1/2 inches off of my waist!!! My “problem” area isn't the waist, though, it's the two inches below the waist... my lower tummy “pouch” and that's probably a problem area from pregnancies... But, I am excited! I don't like doing this very much, but I love the results so far. Sometimes I wonder how all those “fitness” gals out there do it... week after week, month after month, year after year. I'd get so bored! I'm very glad that there are so many different dvds out there now... if I am going to keep up with cardio, I'm going to have to have a variety of options!

No comments: